Right from problem in faucet, sink, counter top, garbage disposal, refrigerator, oven, range hood, smoke detector, to install a reliable rod somewhere so it does not fall, to install ceiling fan, light fixing, changing lock, toilet maintenance, fixing leaking tubes or pipes, small to major carpet repair, repairing switches, water heater, thermostat, garage-door opener, sliding window, setting and installing window screen, washer and dryer… phew!!! You can solve everything! You are a real troubleshooter and once your customer is satisfied, you find the job permanent.
What all we just discussed is an answer to what kind of jobs does a handyman do! A handyman is jack of all trades. The works that appear so small trouble a lot. For instance, if the lamp at backyard is not working; for the customer this is a very common problem and he may not call an electrician for this who may charge higher! Likewise, a small leakage from pipe or tap does not require a hard-core plumber! You as a handyman can do everything! You would be called for your single visit. You just go to your customers’ house, office, and restaurant or anywhere you are called and fix the problems. Best Handyman Oxford
A jack of all trades and works simply means that what kind of jobs does a handyman do includes everything that one sees and faces on day-to-day basis. The duty of handyman also depends upon how handyman works. In a simple word, if he is working individually without adjoining to any firm, franchisee or company, he can select the task he wants. However, there are many vacancies available on the market for handymen that require multitasking (the capability handymen are known for). However, such vacancy may ask much more than any ordinary handyman can do such as…
- Maintaining the place and its purlieu in a safe, cleaned and secured condition
- Liaising on a regular basis with the authorities and perform daily and weekly checking materials what company produces.
- Maintaining all service staff’s residences.
- Taking care of all the furniture and make sure that they do not get damaged
- Working in conjunction with other service staff.
- Maintaining cleanliness in all areas including veranda, corridor, indoors and outdoors.
- Scheduling complete regular maintenance, servicing and repair of anything; from furniture to electric equipments.
- Providing training to any new or junior handymen, if recruited
- Reporting and fix any leakage of the water from pipes, taps and other water resources.
- Attending the breakdowns in the power generators and take proper action.
- Maintaining and repairing all air-conditioners.
- Repairing and maintaining all plumbing in offices and also in residences